The program prepares professionals to:
- Advise international students
- Design and lead cross-cultural programs
- Coordinate and manage projects, resources, and staff
- Develop courses and training modules on topics related to international education
Students of SIT’s low-residency MA in International Education program gain the skills they need to advance in their current career. Graduates are prepared for positions as directors of study abroad or international student services, language program coordinators, trainers, community education specialists, program designers, international student coordinators, or international student recruiters. Graduates work in study abroad offices, NGOs, nonprofits, and government agencies as well as in other venues.
SIT has been a leader in the field of international education for more than 80 years.
Through SIT’s low-residency MA in International Education program, students have access World Learning’s network of international education and exchange programs and practitioners.
Positions held by alumni of the international education program include:
- Associate Dean, International Education, University of Richmond, Virginia, US
- Alumni Outreach Coordinator, US Embassy, Baku, Azerbaijan
- International Student and Scholar Advisor, University of California at Berkeley, California, US
- International Recruitment Officer, Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands
- Director of English as a Second Language, Northfield Mount Hermon School, Massachusetts, US