Thank you for your interest in SIT Graduate Institute!
SIT has been educating passionate, social-minded professionals for intercultural and international careers for more than fifty years. SIT is a nonprofit, accredited graduate school with a unique and distinguished history.
Founded in 1964 as the School for International Training, SIT has a longstanding commitment to experiential learning and social justice. SIT Graduate Institute offers MA and graduate certificate programs online and at its campus in Brattleboro, VT, and center in Washington, DC. Programs are designed to meet the needs of students at every stage of their career.
SIT students can study abroad as part of their master's degree program through short-term intensive field courses.
We invite you to learn more about our diversity of programs and program locations.
Master's Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Service, Leadership, and Management (Self-Designed)
- Master of Arts in International Education (on campus)
- Master of Arts in International Education (online with short residencies in Vermont)
- Master of Arts in Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: Advocacy, Leadership, and Social Change
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: International Policy and Management
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: International Policy and Management (Hybrid)
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: International Policy and Management (full-time)
- Master of Arts in TESOL (on campus)
- Master of Arts in TESOL (online with short residencies in Vermont)
- Conflict Transformation Across Cultures (CONTACT) Summer Peacebuilding Program (Brattleboro, Vermont)
- CONTACT Peacebuilding Training and Education in South Asia (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Transformation (online with short residency in Vermont)
- Graduate Certificate in Inclusive Security: International Policy and Practice (Washington, DC)
- Graduate Certificate in International Education (online with short residency in Vermont)
- Certificate in TESOL (various locations)
Listen to the voices of SIT Graduate Institute faculty and students.
Who Studies at SIT?
SIT students represent a wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds and come from across the globe. They have worked for educational institutions, for NGOs, and in the public and private sectors. They include activists working on issues of social justice and human rights, teachers, international education professionals, or returned Peace Corps volunteers as well as individuals looking to work in one of those areas. SIT students include experienced professionals who want to sharpen their skills, mid-career professionals seeking to change careers or boost their credentials, and recent college graduates.