Career Services for Employers
Recruiting top professionals has never been easier.
SIT/World Learning offers employers a number of resources.
Review job candidates.
Using the online career tool, Career Connections, employers can view résumés and a pool of SIT job candidates and can correspond with students directly.
To create an account:
Post job, practicum, and internship positions.
Career Connections can help you recruit high quality candidates for your practicum/internship position needs.
To create an account:
- The practicum/internship must be a professional position directly related to the student’s academic degree and area of concentration.
- The position must be the equivalent of full-time employment (approximately 40 hours a week) for six months or part-time employment (20 hours a week) for one year. It is also possible for student to complete two three-month, full-time experiences in two different organizations or venues.
- The position may be paid (either a professional salary or a stipend) or voluntary (unpaid). The organization may provide room and board (in lieu of or in addition to a salary).
- The position must include an on-site supervisor who oversees the student according to the standards of the organization in which the student is working. SIT will ask for two specific documents from the on-site supervisor:
- A letter confirming the appointment of the student as an employee or intern in the organization. The letter should provide a general description of the student's tasks and responsibilities, the dates of the expected contract, and identification of the on-site supervisor.
- A written evaluation of the student’s performance in the organization to be submitted to SIT at the end of the practicum.
Federal Work-Study Program
Local businesses and organizations may offer part-time positions to current SIT Graduate Institute students who are participating in the Federal Work-Study program. Students with a work-study position generally work between 8 and 12 hours each week. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 802 258-3111 if you are interested in participating in the program.