Degree and Certificate Programs
What makes SIT unique is its philosophy of drawing on our on- and off-campus experiences as transformative learning opportunities; its educational pedagogy that involves the whole person in the process of learning; and its mission to make a better, more just and peaceful world.
Hilal Al Mamari
MA in International Education
In line with its commitment to social justice and intercultural communication, SIT Graduate Institute offers a variety of master’s degree and certificate programs in the following content areas (specific programs are listed below):
Intercultural Service, Leadership, and Management – Design your own interdisciplinary program to fit your career objectives with SIT’s flexible, self-designed master’s degree program.
International Education – Learn to plan and manage international education and exchange programs from an institution that also provides international exchange, study abroad, and development programs.
Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation and CONTACT – Gain practical skills and strategies for peacebuilding, conflict management, and conflict resolution based on a holistic, multidisciplinary approach and real-world experience, from a pioneer in the field.
Sustainable Development – Acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience to make significant contributions in the fields of sustainable development and international development.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) – SIT’s teaching English programs have engaged in cohort-based teacher education for more than 40 years. The MA in TESOL program is the oldest and largest of its kind.
Master's Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Service, Leadership and Management (Self Designed)
- Master of Arts in International Education
- Master of Arts in International Education (Online with Short Residencies)
- Master of Arts in Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: Advocacy, Leadership, and Social Change
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: International Policy and Management
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Online with Short Residencies)
- Conflict Transformation Across Cultures (CONTACT) Summer Peacebuilding Program (Brattleboro, Vermont)
- CONTACT Peacebuilding Training and Education in South Asia (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Transformation (online with short residency in Vermont)
- Graduate Certificate in Inclusive Security: International Policy and Practice (Washington, DC)
- Graduate Certificate in International Education (online with short residency in Vermont)
- Certificate in TESOL (various locations)