SIT has been a leader in the field of TESOL education for nearly a half century. The program prepares working professionals to be leaders in the field of TESOL in a variety of capacities. Employers look for teachers who have been trained at SIT. Graduates become part of a network of more than 3,000 alumni working throughout the world.
The list below provides examples of the diverse careers of some of our alumni.
TESOL alumni positions include:
- Visiting Professor, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- ESOL Professor, Dulwich College, Suzhou, China
- Professor of Intensive English, Kansai Gaidai University, Japan
- President of IATEFL
- President of TESOL
- Director of English Language Studies, New School
- Chief of Staff and Chief Learning Officer, Marlboro College, Vermont, U.S.
- Director, American English Language Center, Morocco
- Head of Language Acquisition and Project Based Learning, MiSK International School, Riyadh
- Acting Assistant Secretary for Career, Technical and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. State Department English Language Specialist
- TESOL Training Manager, World Learning, Washington DC
- Founder, Centro Espiral Mana, Teacher Training and Education Center, Costa Rica
- Director of International Programs at WIDA
- English Language Fellow, Argentina
- English Language Fellow, U.S. State Department and Georgetown University, Washington, DC, U.S.
- Center for Intercultural Education and Development, U.S.
- Regional English Language Officer (RELO) in Asia, U.S. State Department
- ESL Instructor, Milwaukee Technical College, U.S.
- ESOL Professor, Lone Star College-Kingwood, U.S.
- ESL Instructor, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.
- English Teacher, Universal American School, Kuwait
- U.S. State Department English Language Officer, Russia
- Language Training Specialist at Peace Corps