Master of Arts in Peace and Justice Leadership
Get the skills you need to be an effective leader in peacebuilding and social justice efforts.
- Read More
Program under development
Our Master of Arts in Peace and Justice Leadership has been teaching students skills to make a positive difference in the world for more than a decade. Through a combination of theory and practice, the program has prepared graduates to design and implement social change initiatives in government, nonprofit, or educational settings.
Our talented alumni have followed distinct and diverse paths within integrated peacebuilding — a wide spectrum of sustained group-based processes that seek to bring members of divided groups and communities together to meet shared needs and purposes that can transcend the underlying reasons for their divisions.
Alumni work has included:
- Leading youth camps
- Organizing community-based arts and sports events
- Developing inclusive educational curricula
- Teaching languages through means that promote intercultural harmony
- Providing humanitarian assistance to refugees, immigrants, and internally displaced persons
- Working in government agencies and international organizations with conflict awareness
- Supporting political and social change campaigns
As part of SIT’s vision of global learning, offering students flexible ways to meet their academic and professional needs and emphasizing globe-spanning educational experiences, the MA in Peace and Justice Leadership is migrating from its traditional format and is in redevelopment. Full details will be made available in summer 2018.