- Learn from a leader and innovator in the field, training conflict managers and peacebuilders for more than 25 years.
- Stay in your job while earning your degree.
- Get on-the-ground training in post-conflict transition during two weeks across different locations in South Africa.
- Interact with peacebuilding specialists from around the world at the CONTACT Summer Peacebuilding Program
- Expand your professional network with peacebuilding experts outside of SIT through an innovative partnership with two leading peace and justice organizations in the US
The world needs peace and justice advocates more than ever. Get the skills you need to design and lead interventions that address the causes and consequences of complex and multi-layered conflicts and that can help build sustained peace.
You’ll learn from peacebuilding experts in government, nongovernmental, and international organizations both in the United States and abroad. You’ll examine and practice strategies for conflict transformation at interpersonal, intercommunal, national, and international levels.
With the training you’ll receive through this program, you’ll be prepared to introduce interventions that address the root causes of conflict, such as poverty, chronic inter-communal violence, non-representative political systems, gender inequality, and cultures of intolerance. You’ll be ready to work in NGOs, development initiatives, humanitarian aid, educational settings, youth programs, inter-group relations efforts, human rights organizations, and elsewhere.