I believe in the rights and responsibilities of all of us to take action to make the world a better place for everybody.
Jody Williams, SIT alumna, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and peace activist
Since its founding in 1964, nearly 50,000 students have participated in SIT's accredited undergraduate study abroad, graduate, and professional programs. SIT alumni are engendering change worldwide—in fields that include sustainable development, international education, TESOL, conflict transformation, public policy, advocacy, food security, and social justice, among many other areas.
Join a Global Network, and Tap into the Resources of SIT and World Learning.
Graduating from SIT is just the beginning of lifelong engagement with a global network of contacts, resources, and opportunities. SIT alumni join a worldwide community comprising students and participants from the entire family of World Learning programs. Through the social, academic, and professional connections that this network provides, SIT alumni can connect with like-minded individuals, and learn about events, opportunities, and potential employers worldwide.
How to stay engaged.
Advance your career utilizing SIT’s comprehensive career services, available to all students and alumni.
Stay up-to-date on special events taking place throughout the year.
Where are SIT alumni working?
- US Department of State
- George Washington University
- Duke University
- Semester at Sea
- Save the Children
- Catholic Relief Services, Zambia
- Pact, Mozambique
- INTERLINK Language Centers
- Tetra Tech ARD
- United Nations
… and elsewhere
Positions held by recent international education graduates
- International Student Advisor, Arizona State University
- Assistant Director of University Relations and Marketing, CISabroad
- Executive Director, International Development for Educational Access
- Study Abroad Advisor, Miami University
- Student Exchange Specialist, Qatar University
Positions held by recent sustainable development graduates
- Founder and Executive Director, Global Sustainability, Inc.
- Community Engagement Specialist, City of Sommerville, MA
- Executive Director, Rural Human Rights Activists Programme (RHRAP)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, Alliance for Peacebuilding
- Director of Health Promotion, Collaboration for Health, Advancement, Networking, Community and Economic Sustainability (CHANCES)
Positions held by recent TESOL graduates:
- Professor of Intensive English, Kansai Gaidai University, Japan
- English Language Fellow, U.S. Department of State and Georgetown University Center for Intercultural Education and Development, USA
- English Teacher, Universal American School, Kuwait
- U.S. Department of State English Language Officer, Russia
Positions held by recent service, leadership, and management graduates
- Refugee Reception and Placement Team Leader, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
- National Field Director, Democracy Matters
- Country Coordinator, HELP International
- Field Support and Training Manager, YouthBuild USA