Washington, DC–based Programs
One-year program for development professionals
Profoundly expand your leadership capacity, practical skills, and networking channels — particularly within the areas of sustainability, social justice, and entrepreneurship.
This one-year program provides students with resources available through SIT’s parent organization, World Learning — a global nonprofit — and the broader marketplace of development organizations headquartered in the US capital. The program is designed for individuals from across the globe with some relevant work experience.
Part-time graduate-level program for working professionals – 9 graduate credits
Participants can expect to:
- Examine actual case studies in specific national and community contexts
- Acquire new skills in designing, delivering, and advancing inclusive approaches
- Enhance their global knowledge through the program’s international perspectives
- Gain an understanding of program design and management
- Learn how to translate their knowledge as an individual to engage and interact with others across cultures and communities
- Develop deeper confidence in addressing social injustices through security policy development and peacebuilding plans
- Create a toolbox of alternative approaches to traditional state-based security constructions
- Develop unified advocacy platforms that equip them to deliver concrete proposals for reshaping peace processes