International Language Institute (ILI) of Massachusetts
The International Language Institute (ILI) of Massachusetts partnership provides transfer credit for students at ILI who apply for admission to SIT Graduate Institute.
SIT will accept completion of level B2 of ILI’s intensive English (ESOL) program as meeting SIT’s English proficiency requirement, meaning those applicants will be exempt from taking the TOEFL exam for admission to the following SIT degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Service, Leadership, and Management (Self-Designed)
- Master of Arts in International Education - on campus
- Master of Arts in International Education - online with short Vermont residencies
- Master of Arts in Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: Advocacy, Leadership, and Social Change (Vermont)
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development: International Policy and Management - full time (Washington, DC)
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - on campus (TESOL)
SIT will grant conditional acceptance to applicants who have not yet successfully completed level 8 of the ESOL program at ILI who are otherwise admissible, with the condition that the applicant must successfully complete level 8 before enrolling in one of the above degree programs.