If you have completed AmeriCorps service prior to enrolling in a graduate program at SIT:
- AmeriCorps alumni who are accepted into an SIT master’s degree program after completion of at least one year of AmeriCorps service are eligible for a tuition match of the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, up to $5,500. In order to be considered, individuals must be admitted to one of the following SIT master’s degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Climate Change and Global Sustainability
- Master of Arts in Humanitarian Assistance and Crisis Management
- Master of Arts in International Education, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont
- Master of Arts in Peace and Justice Leadership, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont and South Africa
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont and Mexico
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont
- AmeriCorps alumni who have completed their service (10 to 12 months) and are accepted into one of SIT's master's degree programs are eligible for a competitively awarded $5,000 scholarship. The award is based on the type of work completed during service and the candidate's experience before and after working with AmeriCorps.
- SIT will waive the application fee of $50.
In order to qualify for AmeriCorps, you must be a US citizen and 18 years or older.
To Identify Your AmeriCorps Affiliation
Please state that you served with AmeriCorps by checking the AmeriCorps box on SIT’s online application. Otherwise, contact SIT’s Admissions Office at 800 336-1616 (toll free in the US) or 802 258-3510, or email email@example.com to get the application fee waived and be considered for the tuition match described above.