I continue to use the learning I gained from my International Education Graduate Certificate in my current profession and have used this education as a stepping stone to become a leader in the capacity of a reading clinician in the public school system in Canada.
Valdine Bjornson, Graduate Certificate
in International Education
For more than 50 years, SIT Graduate Institute has been preparing individuals to begin or advance in an international career. Today, in addition to its master’s degree programs, SIT offers a variety of certificate and professional development programs for working professionals who wish to enhance their expertise and accelerate their careers.
From on campus to online, programs are available in a range of formats. Programs are available in the fields of conflict transformation, development, international education, and TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language). Some certificate programs can be applied toward a master’s degree from SIT later on.
All of SIT’s certificate and professional development programs draw from World Learning's more than 80 years of leadership in experiential learning and tap its global network of professionals in the fields of education, international development, nonprofit management, international relations, and social justice.
- Conflict Transformation Across Cultures (CONTACT) Summer Peacebuilding Program (Brattleboro, Vermont)
- Graduate Certificate in International Education (online with short residency in Vermont)
- Certificate in TESOL (various locations)
- Crisis Management Certificate for Graduate Credit
- International Organizations and Multilateral Diplomacy Certificate for Graduate Credit
- Peace and Conflict Studies Certificate for Graduate Credit
- Policy Advocacy Certificate for Graduate Credit
- Sustainable Food Systems Certificate for Graduate Credit