Saturday, May 11, 2019 – 10:00 AM
The 2019 SIT Graduate Institute commencement ceremony will take place on May 11, 2019, at 10:00 AM. Please look for email communication from the Registrar’s Office which will contain important details about commencement and forms you must complete and return to the Registrar’s Office. If you have any questions about these forms, or about commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 802.258.3283 or by email at email@example.com.
The Graduation Ceremony
The ceremony will take place on May 11, 2019, at 10:00 AM at the SIT Graduate Institute campus in Brattleboro, Vermont. Here are some important things you need to know:
- You must register for the commencement ceremony by Friday, April 12, 2019, if you intend to participate.
- You will receive important materials from the Registrar’s Office. It is important that you thoroughly read these materials and return the required forms to officially register for graduation. There is a mandatory fee of $95.00 for those who wish to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- On Friday, May 10, 2019, a rehearsal will take place at 1:30 PM in Room 101 of the International Center on the SIT Graduate Institute campus. At the rehearsal, you will learn important logistical information that will make the commencement ceremony run smoothly.
- Because of the number of people expected in Brattleboro on graduation weekend, please consider booking your hotel or other accommodations as soon as possible.
- Each graduate will have the opportunity to wear a cap and gown for commencement. You may choose a custom SIT gown, which must be returned following the ceremony, or a traditional black gown, which you may keep. All graduates will be allowed to keep their graduate hood and mortarboard cap. Please review details about gown options. If you expect to participate in the May 11, 2019 ceremony and you have not received a graduation gown order form by April 1, 2018, please contact the Registrar’s Office by phone at 802 258-3283 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with Disabilities
Students attending graduation who would like to request assistance for themselves or their guests are asked to contact Steffen Gillom, Disability Services Associate, at 802.258.3377 or email@example.com.
Caps, Gowns, and Hoods
If you have registered for commencement, submitted a gown request, and paid the mandatory fee, you may pick up your cap and gown in the Student Affairs office, located on the second floor of the Student Center on the SIT Graduate Institute campus. You will receive your hood at the ceremony. You may pick up your cap and gown between Wednesday, May 8, 2019, and Friday, May 10, 2019. The office will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM each day.
If you have any other questions regarding commencement please call 800 336-1616.