City Year University Partnership
SIT Graduate Institute is a proud University Partner of City Year, offering corps members, alumni, and staff interested in pursuing a graduate degree at SIT the following benefits:
- Annual 25% tuition scholarship
- Matching scholarship funding of the Segal Education Award, up to $5,500
- Application fee waiver
The partnership highlights the visions and values of City Year and SIT.
Eligibility and Additional Information
- Scholarships are awarded to City Year corps members and alumni who have completed at least one year of service, and to City Year staff members who have been employed for at least two years. In order to be considered for the scholarship, individuals must be admitted to one of the following SIT master’s degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Climate Change and Global Sustainability
- Master of Arts in Humanitarian Assistance and Crisis Management
- Master of Arts in International Education, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont
- Master of Arts in Peace and Justice Leadership, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont and South Africa
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development, Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont and Mexico
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Online with Brief Residencies in Vermont
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
To Identify Your City Year Affiliation
Please check the City Year box on SIT’s online application. Otherwise, contact SIT’s Admissions Office at 800 336-1616 (toll free in the US) or 802 258-3510, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the application fee waived and be considered for the scholarship described above. Please state that you served with City Year and reference the partnership.